Making a difference for educators who want all students to learn deeply, to learn well.
A middle school English and social studies teacher for 24 years, Marilyn Shaw Paul honed a style of differentiating instruction so effective that in her last year of teaching, 98% of her students achieved “Proficient” or better on high stakes state testing.
Because she believed her expertise could help other educators to improve their own teaching, she left the classroom and established her own business, offering training to schools and districts throughout New Hampshire. Training is available in two different categories: Differentiation and Teaching Writing. Specific sessions are listed in the “Workshops” section of this site. Feel free to contact Marilyn with questions.
Marilyn’s accomplishments include:
- B.A., New England College
- M.Ed., Lesley University
- Certified Practitioner, MBTI® and MMTIC®
- Member, Professional Development Committee for SAU 24
- English and Social Studies teacher, 7th and 8th grades at Henniker Community School (19 years)
- Teacher of the Year Finalist, NH Council of Teachers of English, 2007
- Member of the Teach Vietnam Teachers Network, class of 2007, a project of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
- Team leader for Virtual Museum, a $5,000 grant project awarded to the Henniker Community School’s Eighth Grade by North Country Education Services. The money was used to purchase digital cameras, voice recorders, and Adobe Photoshop Elements for the eighth grade class to use in creating a Virtual Museum, a culminating project for a unit on “Generations.”